Do you want to develop autonomous machines and automate the construction industry? Then look no further – this might be the right position for you!
Unicontrol has revolutionized the 3D machine control systems for excavators and wheel loaders, and this is just the beginning!
We want to make the construction work autonomous, and you can get a vital role in that ambition. Our focus is to use advanced technologies and make them as user-friendly as possible. Unicontrol has 35 employees, and we’ve expanded to 15 international markets. We are a diverse group of people that mix fun challenges, mobile software, and gaming thinking with the automation of heavy construction equipment.
Industrial PhD candidate in autonomous earthmoving:
Unicontrol and the University of Southern Denmark invite applications for a fully funded three-year Industrial PhD position in autonomous earthmoving. The project’s goal is to identify functionalities that enable earthmovers to operate autonomously on traditional construction sites. Sensor fusion, kinematics, ROS2, GPS technology, modelling and control algorithms are some technologies that will play a vital role in the project.
The project’s success criteria:
- Develop realistic simulation of earthmover including bucket-media interaction
- Develop and demonstrate material manipulation skills at 90% human speed
About the candidate:
- We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, and ambitious student
- MSc degree within SW engineering, Robotics or similar
- The candidate should have solid experience in programming in C++
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable working both independently and within a team
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Grades to get enrolled at the PhD education at SDU
What we offer:
- 14 development colleagues who are ready to onboard you into our business. We are organized in two teams with a dedicated focus on either 3D Machine or Cloud, and you will be part of the 3D Machine
- A chance to become a core member of a growing business
- Meaningful technical challenges that solve real problems
- Freedom to define your working conditions
- A comfortable work environment in the centre of Odense, Denmark
- Delicious lunch buffet and social Friday bar
The expected start date is May/June 2022.
Apply for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your CV, letter of motivation, graduation diplomas and a grade transcript.
We continuously take candidates into the recruitment process and encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If you have any further questions, you are welcome to contact Martin Kirkmand, R&D Manager Unicontrol email@example.com
Contact person for University of Southern Denmark is associate professor Christoffer Sloth.